Sending an application
Certified copies must be sent to uni-assist by post. Use your online account to upload all documents that do not require an official certification.
Sending documents by post
Send in your documents as quickly as possible after submitting your online application! uni-assist should receive your documents at least 8 weeks before the application deadline.
What needs to be in the envelope?
Even if you are applying to multiple universities, please send your documents in one single envelope only.
Enclose the following documents only once:
- The certified copies of your educational certificates and of your proofs of language proficiency – and of their translations.
- Documents which were given to you by your university in a sealed envelope (this must not be opened).
- If you are paying by credit card: the completed and signed credit card form.
Important: Please make sure to use the right postage to ensure your letter arrives at uni-assist.
Please send your application to this address*:
* You can also use this address for courier services or to send registered mail. If your mail carrier does not accept the address, please send your mail to uni-assist e.V., Geneststrasse 5, 10829 Berlin. This will not increase the transit time.
You may also drop your documents in our letter box in person. It is accessible 24 hours a day. If you want to drop off your application envelope in person, please use only the letter boxes marked with “uni-assist”.
The exact GPS coordinates are: 52.472090 13.36578
How to find the uni-assist letter box:
- In Reichartstraße 2, 10829 Berlin (Gate 1), you will find a large sign for the uni-assist letter box.
- Go through the green fence gate and you’ll be right in front of the letter box.
Confirmation of receipt
For each letter, you will receive a confirmation of receipt. Find out more under Deadlines & processing time.
Upload your documents online
Use your online account to upload all documents that do not require an official certification. These are usually other documents such as proofs of internships, CV, letters of motivation and letters of recommendation as well as a copy of your passport.
Note: A few universities allow online-only applications using simple copies (scans) of all documents. For more information, please contact the university of your choice.
You will find additional hints in our FAQs.
You have sent your application?
You did it! Your documents are on the way to us.
You can track the processing of your documents online via your account. We will inform you about the evaluation result.
The university of your choice decides on your admission and informs you of the decision.