FAQs Pay all fees
You pay the handling fees when you submit your application in My assist. We are unable to evaluate your application before you have paid the handling fees in full.
Therefore, make sure to submit your application as early as possible. Your complete application and your payment must be received by uni-assist within the application deadline.
The handling fees cover the processing and evaluation of your application documents, regardless of the evaluation result.
The uni-assist processing includes:
- We evaluate if your educational certificates fulfil the general criteria for university studies in Germany.
- We convert your grades to the German system of grades.
- We check additional admission criteria set by the universities of your choice, depending on the procedure.
- We register all data and documents necessary for the universities’ admission procedures.
- We inform you about your evaluation result.
In the application overview in your My assist account you will see your paid applications immediately. We will generally send you a confirmation of receipt of your payment within 24 hours.
Did you pay by bank transfer? International bank transfers can take up to two weeks. Bank transfers from a German bank account can be delayed by a few days, for example due to public holidays.
Have you been waiting more than two weeks for your confirmation of receipt? Please send us a copy of your payment slip via our contact form. We will check if we have received your payment.
Each additional desired course of study in the same semester costs EUR 30.00.
All important information on handling fees and payment options:
Do you want to submit another application for the same application semester? Then the handling fee is EUR 30.00 for each additional desired course of study.
Have you already applied for a previous application semester? Then the regular handling fees are: EUR 75.00 for the first desired course of study and EUR 30.00 for each additional desired course of study in the same application semester.
You can simply pay the handling fees via your My assist account.
You can find all important information under Payment options.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept payment methods that are not listed and described there.
You can find our current account information under payment options.
The old bank details (account number and bank number) are no longer valid. Please inform your bank of the SEPA procedure and ask how you can transfer money to the EU.
Refunds & credit
No. You pay the handling fees for the processing and evaluation of your application documents regardless of the evaluation results. You cannot reclaim the handling fees if your application is unsuccessful.
Yes. You can use the credit in your applicant’s account for additional applications in the same or a subsequent semester.
Your credit will be displayed in the selection list when you add a new application. Simply click on "Proceed to checkout" to pay using your credit.
There may be several reasons for this.
1. Please check that you have answered all the mandatory questions. Only after doing so can you pay for and submit your online application to uni-assist.
2. We use the 3D Secure system for your credit card payments. To use this system, you need to be signed up for the 3D Secure system. For further information, please contact your bank.
3. If you have entered the wron data three times, you will be locked out of the payment provider website for one hour for security reasons. Please try again after one hour has passed.
Your application with the status “Payment pending,“ "Payment failed" or "Payment cancelled" is still in your application overview because the payment could not be processed. Simply withdraw this application and re-submit it:
1. Click on “Add course of study to your selection list again.“
2. Then go to the “Selection list” by clicking on the box symbol.
3. Important: Have your payment details ready so that your payment can be processed.
4. Click on “Proceed to checkout” and "To payment process" to pay the handling fee and submit your application.
Important: Your applications must be paid for and fully submitted before the end of the application deadline