You pay the handling fees when you submit your application in My assist. We are unable to evaluate your application before you have paid the handling fees in full.
Therefore, make sure to submit your application as early as possible. Your complete application and your payment must be received by uni-assist within the application deadline.
The handling fees cover the processing and evaluation of your application documents, regardless of the evaluation result.
The uni-assist processing includes:
- We assess whether your educational certificates meet the general criteria for university studies in Germany.
- We convert your grades into the German grading system.
- We check the additional admission criteria set by your chosen universities, depending on the procedure.
- We register all data and documents necessary for the universities’ admission procedures.
- We inform you about your evaluation result.
In the application overview in your My assist account you will see your paid applications immediately. We will inform you by email as soon as the confirmation of receipt is available in your My assist account.
Did you pay by bank transfer? International bank transfers can take up to two weeks. Bank transfers from a German bank account can be delayed by a few days, for example due to public holidays.
Have you been waiting more than two weeks for your confirmation of receipt? Please send us a copy of your payment slip via our contact form. We will check if we have received your payment.
Each additional chosen study course in the same semester costs EUR 30.00.
All important information on handling fees and payment options:
Do you want to submit another application in the same application semester? Then the handling fee is EUR 30.00 for each additional chosen study course.
Have you already applied in a previous semester? Then the regular handling fees are: EUR 75.00 for your first chosen study course and EUR 30.00 for each additional chosen study course in the same application semester.
You can easily pay the handling fees via your My assist account.
You will find further important information under Payment options.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept payment methods that are not listed and described there.
No. You pay the handling fee for the processing and evaluation of your application documents, regardless of the evaluation result. You cannot reclaim the handling fee if your application is unsuccessful.
There may be several reasons for this.
1. Check that you have answered all of the university's mandatory questions. Only after doing so can you pay for and submit your online application to uni-assist.
2. We use the 3D Secure system for credit card payments. To use this system, you need to be signed up for the 3D Secure system. For more information, please contact your bank.
3. If you enter the wrong data three times, you will be locked out of our payment provider's website for one hour for security reasons. Please try again after one hour has passed.
If your payment was not successful, you need to submit your application again within the application deadline.
To do so, simply use the search below “Search courses of study” to select your application again.
Go to the selection list (box symbol) and click on “Choose payment option.“ Select a payment option and click on “Proceed to checkout“ to submit your application.