FAQs Pay all fees
You pay the handling fees when you submit your application in My assist. We are unable to evaluate your application before you have paid the handling fees in full.
Therefore, make sure to submit your application as early as possible. Your complete application and your payment must be received by uni-assist within the application deadline.
The handling fees cover the processing and evaluation of your application documents, regardless of the evaluation result.
The uni-assist processing includes:
- We evaluate if your educational certificates fulfil the general criteria for university studies in Germany.
- We convert your grades to the German system of grades.
- We check additional admission criteria set by the universities of your choice, depending on the procedure.
- We register all data and documents necessary for the universities’ admission procedures.
- We inform you about your evaluation result.
In the application overview in your My assist account you will see your paid applications immediately. We will inform you by email as soon as the confirmation of receipt is available in your My assist account.
Did you pay by bank transfer? International bank transfers can take up to two weeks. Bank transfers from a German bank account can be delayed by a few days, for example due to public holidays.
Have you been waiting more than two weeks for your confirmation of receipt? Please send us a copy of your payment slip via our contact form. We will check if we have received your payment.
Each additional desired course of study in the same semester costs EUR 30.00.
All important information on handling fees and payment options:
Do you want to submit another application for the same application semester? Then the handling fee is EUR 30.00 for each additional desired course of study.
Have you already applied for a previous application semester? Then the regular handling fees are: EUR 75.00 for the first desired course of study and EUR 30.00 for each additional desired course of study in the same application semester.
You can simply pay the handling fees via your My assist account.
You can find all important information under Payment options.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept payment methods that are not listed and described there.
No. You pay the handling fees for the processing and evaluation of your application documents regardless of the evaluation results. You cannot reclaim the handling fees if your application is unsuccessful.
There may be several reasons for this.
1. Please check that you have answered all the mandatory questions. Only after doing so can you pay for and submit your online application to uni-assist.
2. We use the 3D Secure system for your credit card payments. To use this system, you need to be signed up for the 3D Secure system. For further information, please contact your bank.
3. If you have entered the wron data three times, you will be locked out of the payment provider website for one hour for security reasons. Please try again after one hour has passed.
If your payment was not succesful, you need to submit your application again within the application deadline.
To do so, simply use the search below “Search courses of study” to select your application again.
Go to the selection list (box symbol) and click on “Choose payment option.“ Select a payment option and click on “Proceed to checkout“ to submit your application.
Do you have credit in your My assist account? Then you can pay for your application with your credit. To do so, simply go to the selection list and click on “Proceed to checkout.“