Check Check: university admission

If you wish to study in Germany, you need a university entrance qualification, called “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” or “HZB” for short. This database was developed in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Its contents are based on the guidelines provided by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).

Find out quickly and simply if you are qualified to study in Germany using your educational certificates.

Find out now: Do I meet the criteria?

The ZAB evaluates in its database "anabin" foreign educational qualifications and certificates. Only the information contained in the anabin database is binding.

Your country of origin is not on the list?

Use anabin (under "Schulabschlüsse mit Hochschulzugang") to find out how your certificate will be evaluated.


anabin database