Sending an application
Certified copies must be sent to uni-assist by post. You can upload all documents that do not require official certification in your My assist account.
Upload your documents online
Simply upload all documents that do not require official certification into your My assist account. These are usually other documents such as proofs of internships, a CV, letters of motivation and letters of recommendation, for example.
Does your university accept an online-only application for uni-assist‘s pre-check? In this case, you can also upload your educational certificates, your proofs of language proficiency and their translations into your My assist account. In some cases, you will need to submit further documents and/or officially certified copies to the university later.
Sending documents by post
Does your chosen university require officially certified copies of your documents? Then send us your documents as soon as possible after submitting your online application! uni-assist should receive your documents at least 8 weeks before the application deadline.
What needs to be in the envelope?
Even if you are applying to multiple universities, please send your documents in a single envelope.
Enclose the following documents once only:
- Certified copies of your educational certificates and proofs of language proficiency – and of their translations.
- Documents given to you by your university in a sealed envelope (this must not be opened).
Documents that do not require official certification can simply be uploaded into your My assist Account. These are usually other documents such as proofs of internships, a CV, letters of motivation and letters of recommendation.
Please make sure to use the right postage to ensure that your letter arrives at uni-assist.
Please send your documents to this address*:
* You can also use this address for courier services or to send registered mail. If your mail carrier does not accept the address, please send your mail to uni-assist e.V., Geneststraße 5, 10829 Berlin. This will not increase the transit time.
Please tell your postal services provider that you want to send your documents as DOX. You will then avoid incurring additional costs and longer wait times.
You can also drop documents in our letter box in person. It is accessible 24 hours a day. When dropping off documents in person, please use only the letter boxes marked with “uni-assist”.
The exact GPS coordinates are: 52.472090 13.36578
How to find the uni-assist letter box:
- In Reichartstraße 2, 10829 Berlin (Gate 1), you will find a large sign for the uni-assist letter box.
- Go through the green gate and you’ll be right in front of the letter box.