Notes on documents

If you have a WASSC or NECO from Gambia,
you will need to submit the following documents:

  • A copy of your school leaving certificate, issued by the West African Examinations Council
  • A scratch card or the information which it contains (serial number and PIN) for verification of your examination results

We will assess your certificate according to the guidelines from the "Central Office for Foreign Education" (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen - ZAB). If you fulfil all requirements, your WASSC qualifies you for the Studienkolleg (preparatory course). You can find more information on the Studienkolleg (preparatory course) here.
Preparatory courses as well as the "Feststellungsprüfung" (university qualification exam) usually can only be taken in German language, even if the degree programme you wish to apply for is taught in English.

If you have completed a General Certificate of Education (GCE) from Gambia,
please sumbit your official school leaving certificate including the "Advanced Level Examination", the "Ordinary Level Examination" and also the grading system on the reverse.

Notes on official certification

School leaving certificates can only be accepted if we can verify them online with your scratch card.

Find further information on documents in the section assemble your documents.