Notes on documents

If you hold a school leaving qualification from Ghana, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Your school leaving certificate, issued by the West African Examinations Council or the National Examinations Council. Certificates issued by schools or internet print-outs of results are not sufficient.

We will assess your certificate according to the guidelines from the “Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen” (Central Office for Foreign Education – ZAB). If you fulfil all requirements, your WASSC qualifies you for the Studienkolleg (preparatory course). You can find more information on the Studienkolleg (preparatory course) here.
Preparatory courses as well as the "Feststellungsprüfung" (university qualification exam) can only be done in German, even if the course you wish to attend is held in English.

Notes on official certification

We can verify your certificate online. Send us a non-certified copy of your certificate and your scratch card. You may also send us the information from your scratch card (card number and PIN).
Starting from winter semester 2019, school leaving certificates will only be accepted if they can be verified online with your scratch card.

Find further information on documents in the section assemble your documents.