Notes on documents
If you have a General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level, Advanced Subsidiary Level, or International Advanced Level), you will need to submit the following documents:
- Your official General Certificate of Education, showing all of your final AS and A Level results
Until the final certificates are issued, we can also accept the following documents:
- Statements of Results issued by the awarding bodies
- Statements of Results issued by the examination centres containing the following information:
- Exam session
- Awarding body
- Level of qualification (AS or A)
- Name and centre number of the examination centre
- Candidate name and number
Unfortunately, we cannot accept predicted grades issued by your school. This means that you will only be able to meet the university's application deadline if the awarding body publishes your AS and A Level results before the deadline and you submit the Statements of Results to uni-assist before the application deadline.
There are new guidelines from the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen - ZAB) for the evaluation of the General Certificate of Education - Advanced Level which can be taken into consideration for the summer semester 2022 and subsequent application periods. For more information about this visit: anabin.kmk.org Please always submit all of your AS and A levels because we can only determine which AS and A Levels can be taken into consideration for a specific application once we have completed our evaluation of your certificates.
If you have a BTEC, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Your BTEC diploma including an overview of your subjects and grades
- An overview of your subjects and grades covering at least one year of a regular bachelor‘s programme at a recognised British university that leads to a bachelor's degree with honours
If you hold a bachelor‘s degree from a British university and the teaching institution is not explicitly stated on the transcript / Diploma Supplement, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Written confirmation from your university of the teaching institution or the campus where you completed the modules listed on your trancript
The specification of the awarding institution or the institution administering studies on your transcript - or confirmation that you were registered as a student at that institution - is not sufficient.
If you hold a bachelor‘s degree from a British university and have completed all or part of your studies at another institution, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Transcript of records from the teaching institution showing all of the modules which were recognised by the British university
- Confirmation from the British university of the teaching institution at which you completed the modules which were recognised for your degree