Information material and newsletter
This page contains a selection of information material and documents regarding the free application procedure for download. You may also find helpful links on refugees and university studies as well as event announcements.
Magazine “Flucht und Studium”
Would you like to subscribe to the uni-assist newsletter “Flucht und Studium”? You can read previous editions here. Sign up for free by writing to fs@. The magazine is issued twice a year. uni-assist.de
You need a printed edition of the magazine? Write to us!
uni-assist informed about the free evaluation procedure for refugees in Germany in a webinar held on May 24th, 2018. The speakers introduced the procedure and answered questions asked by the webinar participants.
Slides of the presentation shown during the webinar on 24th May 2018 including answers to the questions asked during the webinar.
1 MB 11.06.2018 pdf
Below you will find a recording of the webinar (presentation in German):
Info cards on the free application process for refugees
This card gives you an overview of the cost exemption at uni-assist.
328 KB 19.06.2018 pdf
This info card helps you with your application via uni-assist.
336 KB 20.06.2018 pdf
On this information card, we explain everything you need to know about the cost exemption portal.
333 KB 20.06.2018 pdf
Here you can read how the application works using the self disclosure form when documents are missing due to the status as a refugee.
387 KB 19.06.2018 pdf
This card answers the most frequently asked questions on the cost exemption at uni-assist.
326 KB 19.06.2018 pdf
uni-assist flyer with insert "free application process"
Read our in-depth information flyer on our services and the advantages of working with uni-assist.
2 MB 09.08.2017 pdf
Template for the university’s attestation
Sample: HZB certificate using the free application process
Publications and Links
- DAAD-funded projects for refugess of German universities
- Resolution by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of 03.12.2015: "University access and university entrance for applicants to study programmes who cannot prove the university entrance qualification attained in their native country due to their refugee status."
- University access and university studies for refugees. Assistance for universities and student unions.
- International DAAD Academy – iDA. iDA-Materials on assisting refugee students.
- University studies for refugees? German universities’ offers for refugees. Empirical reports and recommended action.
- KIRON Open Higher Education – Offers for prospective students for whom studying at a university is currently impossible.
- Study of the INCHER Kassel: „Refugees welcome?"
- Pilot project "European Qualifications Passport for Refugees"
More information material is available under press.