Criteria check

uni-assist offers a free application processing to prospective students who have arrived in Germany as refugees

Requirements for the application

Residence title

Photo/Scan of your residence permit status with one of these residence titles for specific purposes.


Photo/scan of the TestAS certificate

Important: Requesting a cost exemption does not require any specific TestAS result! You only need to have attained a valid result for your TestAS.



University's attestation

Photo/scan of the university's attestation. Alternatively you can submit the certificate of the sucessful Feststellungsprüfung (FSP).

You can get further information at any uni-assist member university.

Template for university's attestation.

No suitable residence title?

You do not have a residence title which qualifies you for cost exemption at uni-assist?

You can still apply for a study programme in Germany if you pay the handling fee yourself. Find out here how to apply in six steps.