Information for Refugees
The free application process by uni-assist ended on 31 December 2019. Here we inform you about remaining offers by uni-assist and other institutions for refugees interested in studying in Germany.
Here you find links to programs offered to refugees. In preparation for your studies in Germany you can take advantage of counseling and language courses. These can increase your chances of enrolling at an academic program in Germany.
The majority of study tracks offered at German universities require well developed German language skills. Here you find the most popular providers of German courses:
- Important tips and links of the DAAD on German language classes for university studies
- Offers by the Goethe Institute – apps, online classes and more
- Learn German on the website of Deutsche Welle
- A language course offer by the German Adult Education Association
- You can find integration classes near you using this search form
Relevant information on study opportunities in Germany is important for planning an application. Here you will find some important contact points for more information:
- Guidelines of DAAD for refugees who wish to study in Germany
- Education counselling by the University Guarantee Fund
- If you have questions on the recognition of non-German vocational credentials, take a look at the pages of the Network IQ ("Integration through Qualification")
- Make it in Germany – important information around studies, work, vocational training, residency, German language classes and more
- A collection of helpful information for refugees in Germany, offered by the PRO ASYL organisation
- Overview of refugee councils in Germany by PRO ASYL
- Would you like to take up university studies, but haven’t found a place at a university? Using KIRON, you can begin your studies
The self-disclosure form
You are missing important documents due to your refugee status, such as educational certificates or transcripts of marks? You can still apply for a study programme in Germany! It’s simple:
You register and submit all documents you have. We will determine that some documents are missing. We will then send you the self-disclosure form. Complete this form and enter information on your education: exams, grades and degrees. We will forward your application and the self-disclosure form to the university of your choice.
Please keep in mind that you need to apply as early as possible! If documents are missing and you need to fill out the self-disclosure form, the application procedure will take slightly longer than usual!