Notes on documents
If you have a high school diploma from a private school,
then we will assess your educational certificate according to the guidelines from the "Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen" (Central Office for Foreign Education - ZAB) to determine if you fulfil the subject-specific requirements to study in Germany.
If the requirements are met, then the following applies:
- Successful completion of one year of studies at an accredited university qualifies you to attend the Studienkolleg (preparatory course). You may select a preparatory course in the same subject-area as your previous academic studies.
- Successful completion of two years of studies at an accredited university qualifies you to take up a bachelor course. You may select a subject in the same subject-area as your previous academic studies.
If you have a school leaving certificate from an Al-Azhar school, then we need the following documents:
- your school leaving certificate,
- proof of your enrolment at a state-run Egyptian university for a regular bachelor course (but not from Al-Azhar University).
If you have a Certificate of Nile International Secondary Education, then we need the following documents:
- your school leaving certificate
- a certificate of enrolment at a national Egyptian university (a certificate of enrolment at a Higher (Technological) Institute or a private University is not sufficient)
- your Tansik Nomination Card, including your final average grade
- the certificate of your national examinations in the subjects religious education and national education (at-tarbiyya ad-diniyya / al-wataniyya), including any additional national examinations (e.g. French language)