Check Check: university admission

If you wish to study in Germany, you need a University entrance qualification, called “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” or “HZB” for short. This database was developed in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Its contents are based on the guidelines provided by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).

Find out quickly and simply if you are qualified to study in Germany using your educational certificates.

Find out now: Do I meet the criteria?

This information, prepared together with the DAAD, is based on the evaluation proposals of the Standing Conference of Education Ministers (Kultusministerkonferenz), published in the anabin database of the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen, ZAB). The evaluation proposals serve the respective certification authorities as the basis for deciding which international school diplomas can lead to access of the higher education system in Germany. The information that is found in the database serves as an orientation for international students, but it is not binding for the certification authorities.

The country of origin of your certificate is not on the list?

Use anabin (under "Schulabschlüsse mit Hochschulzugang") to find out how your certificate will be evaluated.


anabin database