Uni-ASSIST Applicant Portal
Welcome to Cologne University's online application service!
This service can be used by the following prospective applicants:
Bachelor's degree / State Examination
Non-German applicants applying for undergraduate study programmes at Cologne University or the preparatory german language course(beginning with the Summer Semester or Winter Semester).
January 15th for the summer semester
July 15th for the winter semester
Applicants with a German Abitur and citizens of the EU/EEA (without a German Abitur) should apply for undergraduate studies via the Student Registration Office.
German citizens with a foreign university entrance qualification
should apply for undergraduate studies via the Student Registration Office.
Changing the Degree Course
If you are already enroled at the University of Cologne and would like to change your degree course (1st or advanced semester), you can find further information here.
Application for Advanced Semesters
If you are enroled at a different university and would like to apply for an advanced semester at the University of Cologne, you can find further information here.
Prospective applicants for Master's degrees at the Faculty of Philosophy (beginning with the SumSem or WinSem)
- Application deadline: January 15th for the Summer Semester – July 15th for the Winter Semester
- Programmes with limeted admission (Media studies, History-Public History, Cultural and Intellecual History between East and West) start only in the winterterms
- German knowledge of a high standard (DSH 2) is requiered for nearly all Programmes at the Faculty of Philosophy. Exceptions are North American Studies (English C1) and Culture and Environment in Africa (English C1).
- For further information contact the Master registration office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants with a non-German degree looking to take a Master's degree in the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences
- Information on our Master's programmes can be found online.
- Start: winter semester only!
- Application deadlines
- M.Sc. in International Management (CEMS MIM): March 31st
- Double Masters Programmes: May 1st
- All other Master’s programmes (e.g. Business Administration): June 15th
- In addition, all applicants must apply using the Faculty's own Master's application portals:
Prospective applicants for Master's degrees at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Physik der Erde und der Atmosphäre (Major ‚Geophysik‘ / ‚Meteorologie‘)
Application deadline: January 15th for the Summer Semester – July 15th for the Winter Semester
Application deadline for the WinSem 2016/17: June 1st (beginning with the Winter Semester only)
Prospective applicants with a non-German undergraduate degree looking to take a Master's degree in the Faculty of Human Sciences
Application deadline for the WinSem 2015/16: July 15th (beginning with the Winter Semester only)
Please note that all prospective applicants with a non-German undergraduate degree who are looking to take a Master's degree in the Faculty of Human Sciences also must apply using the Faculty's own Master's degree application service.
Please note that all prospective applicants who have gained their undergraduate degree in Germany should not apply via uni-assist, but should apply solely via the Master's degree application portal of the Faculty of Human Sciences.
Postal application and fees
After you have submitted your application electronically, please send the signed printed copy of the application form together with authenticated copies of your application documents to the following address:
Please use the above links to gather information well in advance (in other words, before you make an application) from the relevant institutions.
Fees for applications to higher study:
Applications for Master's degrees at the Faculty of Philosophy are free for EU citizens.
Information on application costs can be found here.
Are you using our online service for the first time?
Then please click on "Registration".
Are you already registered with us?
Then please log in by clicking on "Login".