Notes on documents

If you have a WASSC or NECO from Nigeria, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • a copy of your school leaving certificate, issued by the West African Examinations Council or the National Examinations Council. Certifcates issued by secondary schools or print-outs of your online results are not sufficient.
  • your scratch card or the information which it contains (card number and PIN)

We will assess your certificate according to the guidelines from the “Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen” (Central Office for Foreign Education – ZAB). If you fulfil all requirements, your WASSC qualifies you for the Studienkolleg (preparatory course). You can find more information on the Studienkolleg (preparatory course) here.
Preparatory courses as well as the "Feststellungsprüfung" (university qualification exam) can only be taken in German, even if the degree programme you wish to apply for is taught in English.

If you have completed a General Certificate of Education (GCE) from Nigeria,
please sumbit your official school leaving certificate including the “Advanced Level Examination”, the “Ordinary Level Examination” and also the grading system on the reverse.

If you have studied at a university,
then we need the grading system used by your university for your degree programme and year of graduation. The grading system must contain information about classification of degrees with the highest possible mark and the lowest pass mark required for a bachelor's degree to be awarded. The grading system can often be found on the reverse of your transcript of records.

Notes on official certification

School leaving certificates can only be accepted if we can verify them online with your scratch card.

Find further information on documents in the section assemble your documents.