Notes on documents

If you already studied at a university in the People’s Republic of China,
the Academic Testing Centre in Beijing ("Akademische Prüfstelle", APS) needs to check and certify your academic performance. This needs to be done irrespective of your nationality.
You will need to submit the following documents:

If you received your bachelor’s diploma after the APS exam,
you will need a recertification ("Nachzertifizierung") by the APS in order to be admitted to some universities.

If you don’t have a bachelor’s diploma and have had your certificates checked using the APS document screening process (“Dokumentenprüfverfahren”) without the APS Interview,
we will also need certificates from your complete school attendance, starting with primary school.

In the following case, you do not need to submit an APS certificate:
If you have completed your university studies outside of China.
You can find out more on the website of the Academic Testing Centre in Beijing.

If you graduated from a DSD school, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Your final certificate of the foreign language middle school with an overview of your subjects and grades (Fremdsprachen-Mittelschule, 12 year course of education)
  • A certificate of the KMK German language diploma
  • An additional attestation by the DSD coordinator in the original to verify identity
  • A certificate of the Chinese university entrance exam (Gao Kao)

Note: An acceptance for placement at a 211 university counts as proof of having passed the Gao Kao.  

In order to calculate your grade, we need your school’s grading system. If it is not shown on your certificate, please submit it as well.

If you have completed a German-Chinese double degree,
all studies completed at your German university must be listed on your Chinese university’s overview of subjects and grades. They need to show your grades using the Chinese grading system.
Alternatively, you may submit your German university’s overview of subjects and grades. This must list all studies completed at your Chinese university using the German grading system (ECTS).
Please note: only few universities have German certificates evaluated by uni-assist. Find out who is responsible for your application and, if necessary, apply directly to your chosen university.

Find further information on documents in the section assemble your documents.