Applicants that share a similar background such as a similar educational background or the same citizenship.
Each university defines its own applicant groups.
The following criteria may be used to define applicant groups:
- the country in which you have acquired your certificates (Germany / EU member states / non-member states)
- citizenship (sometimes also being married to a German citizen)
- the course of study you wish to apply for
- if you wish to apply for the Studienkolleg (preparatory course) or a prepatory German language course
- if you wish to apply for undergraduate studies after having passed the „Feststellungsprüfung“ (university entrance exam)
- if you wish to apply for a higher course semester
When you inform yourself at the university about whether to apply through uni-assist, please give information on the above mentioned criteria. This ensures that you will receive a helpful answer.