The following list gives an overview of those member universities for which uni-assist processes international applications formaster degree courses. In general, if you want to apply for admission to one of these listed universities, you have to send your application documents to uni-assist.
uni-assist is not automatically responsible for all applications to a university. Each university decides on its own for which group of applicants uni-assist shall be responsible. There are universities that themselves process applications for specific master degree courses. But even if uni-assist is responsible for applications to the degree course, it might be possible that you have to apply directly at the university if you have to visit the preparatory German language course. Please ask the university who is responsible for processing your application before you apply.
If you are unsure who is responsible for the processing of your application then please ask the university for advise.
Find a list of universities, for which uni-assist also conducts the preliminary review of Master's programme applications involving a university degree acquired in Germany below.
List of universities, for which uni-assist conducts the preliminary review of Master's programme applications involving a university degree acquired abroad
However, there are also universities which process the applications for certain master degree courses by themselves and not through uni-assist. Therefore please inform directly at the university about the responsibility for your application.
- Zeppelin University, Friedrichshafen
- Hochschule für Internationales Management Heidelberg
- Hochschule Heilbronn
Attention! only for the master degree courses Software Engineering and Management, International Business/ Intercultural Management, International Tourism Management
Please be aware of the university's special application procedure: If you meet all formal requirements for application, uni-assist will issue you with a preliminary inspection documentation of your university entrance qualification, the so-called "Vorpruefungsdokumentation" (VPD). You are then required to make your application with that documentation directly to the university until the end of the application deadline. For further information about the special application procedure, please contact the university directly. Please arrange enough time for your application!
- Karlshochschule International University Karlsruhe
- Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Umwelt Nürtingen-Geislingen
- University of Ulm
- Pädagogische Hochschule Weingarten
- Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin (formerly TFH Berlin)
When applying for the Beuth Hochschule für Technik in Berlin please use the online application form on the university's website. Please send it to uni-assist together with all other required documents. Kindly note that neither uni-assist's online application form nor the form by the DAAD can be accepted as an application form for the Beuth Hochschule of Technik.
- Charité (shared Medical School of the Free University of Berlin and the Berlin Humboldt University)
- Free University of Berlin - applications for medicine and dentistry to the Charité -
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin (HTW)
- Berlin School of Economics and Law Berlin (HWR)
- Berlin-Humboldt University - applications for medicine and dentistry to the Charité -
- International Psychoanalytic University
- SRH Hochschule Berlin (formerly OTA Hochschule)
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Fachhochschule Brandenburg
- Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg (merged with Hochschule Lausitz)
- Hochschule für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eberswalde (HNEE)
- Theologisches Seminar Elstal
- Fachhochschule Potsdam
- Universität Potsdam
- Technische Hochschule Wildau (FH) (includes Wildau Institute of Technology WIT)
If you apply to HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU) you have to apply additionally online on the homepage of HCU. Please mind that you apply directly on HCU's homepage, an online application only via the online portal of uni-assist is not sufficient. The university's application system will be online from June 1rst until July 15th.
- Hamburger Fern-Hochschule (distance learning)
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
- THM - Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen
- Justus Liebig University, Gießen
- Hochschule Fresenius Idstein
- University of Kassel
- Philipps University of Marburg
uni-assist's online service for applying to master degree programs at the Philipps University of Marburg
Uni Marburg kindly asks alle applicants for non-restricted master degree courses to apply timely in order to be able to present at the beginning of the semester all documents that are necessary for immatriculation.
- Fachhochschule Hannover (merged with Evangelische Fachhochschule Hannover)
- University of Hildesheim
- Leuphana University, Lüneburg
- Fachhochschule Emden/ Leer (formerly part of the Fachhochschule Oldenburg/ Ostfriesland/ Wilhelmshaven)
- Jade Hochschule Wilhelmshaven/ Oldenburg/ Elsfleth (vormals Teil der Fachhochschule Oldenburg/ Ostfriesland/ Wilhelmshaven)
- Carl von Ossietzky University, Oldenburg
- Fachhochschule Osnabrück
- University of Osnabrück
- Internationale Fachhochschule Bad-Honnef
- Evangelische Fachhochschule Rheinland-Westfalen-Lippe (Bochum)
- Cologne Business School
- Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Fachhochschule Düsseldorf
- Westfälische Hochschule Gelsenkirchen Bocholt Recklinghausen
Relevant information on the special application procedure is available directly from Cologne University of Applied Sciences:
In addition to the pre-check of your documents by uni-assist, you are required to submit an online application via Cologne University of Applied Sciences' online application platform prior to the application deadline of your desired program. Please ensure that you are submitting an online application via Cologne University of Applied Sciences' website. It is not sufficient to apply exclusively via uni-assist's online portal.
Applications via Cologne University of Applied Sciences' online application platform can be submitted starting in early December (for the summer semester) and early May (for the winter semester).
Attention! only for the master degree programmes Electrical Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Hochschule Koblenz
- Universität Koblenz-Landau
- Fachhochschule Mainz
- Trier University of Applied Sciences
- Technische Universität Chemnitz
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden
- Technische Universität Dresden
- Hochschule für Telekommunikation Leipzig
- Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig
- Universität Leipzig
- Martin Luther University of Halle/ Wittenberg
- Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal - - - study courses offered by the HS Magdeburg-Stendal
- University of Magdeburg - - - study courses offered by the University of Magdeburg
- Hochschule Merseburg - - - study courses offered by the HS Merseburg
List of universities, for which uni-assist also conducts the preliminary review of Master's programme applications involving a university degree acquired in Germany
for all master degree courses (applicants who are completing or have completed their Bachelor's degree at Technische Universität Berlin must send their application directly to the university)
for all master degree courses
for all master degree courses
for all master degree courses in the Faculty of Philosophy
for all master degree courses
for all master degree courses
for all master degree courses (except for Master's degree programmes for Teachers Profession or jointly offered Master's degree programmes)
for all master degree courses for certain applicants:
• The following applicants for Master programmes at Julius Liebig University Giessen please apply directly at University Giessen:
- Internal applicants i.e. students who have obtained or are going to obtain a Bachelors degree or equivalent at JLU apply directly at JLU.
- External applicants i.e. interested students who have obtained a Bachelors degree or equivalent at another German university and have acquired a university entrance qualification in Germany (Abitur) apply directly at JLU.
• The following applicants for Master programmes at Julius Liebig University Giessen please apply at uni-assist:
- Applicants who have obtained a Bachelors degree or equivalent at a German university or a university outside of Germany and have acquired a university entrance qualification outside of Germany (secondary school leaving certificate, and in accordance with the country of origin a university entrance examination/proof of study years) send their application to uni-assist.
- Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent at a university outside of Germany and have acquired a university entrance qualification in Germany (Abitur) send their application to uni-assist.
The list of those universities which use uni-assist for preliminary review of international applications for bachelor degree courses (or euqivalent, f.ex. „Diplom“ or „Staatsexamen“) can be found here: