Here are some important information about certain diplomas:
If you have done the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Diploma), please make sure you submit the following documents:
- your IB Diploma leaving certificate with an official Transcript of Grades, issued by the IB Organisation,
- your certificates from your final two years in the IB programme,
- your certificate from Year 10, or alternatively certification proving attendance of at least twelve consecutive school years in full-time education,
- an Approval of Qualifications document from Germany, if you have one (not compulsory).
If you wish to apply before your IB Diploma is issued to you in paper form, then we can verify your exam results online from the date of issue up until the end of August in the same year. In this case, you must approach your school in May and give your permission for the IBO to publish your exam results on their homepage. Otherwise we cannot look at your exam results and process your application on time.
Please note that uni-assist verifies your test result only if you inform us that the IBO published it. Thereto write to us via the contact form and keep in mind to state your applicant number. There is no automatic procedure to verify all available test results from the IBO.
Your certificates from your final two school years must always be sent in authenticated form – regardless of whether your exam results have been verified online or not.
Information on language requirements for applicants with an IB Diploma who have done German as an IB subject, can be found at the university the applicant wishes to apply to.
US High School Diploma at international schools
If you have done your High School Diploma at an International School that is accredited by a U.S. Accreditation Body, then please make sure you send the following documents:
- your certificates from ninth to twelfth grade bearing your grade point average (GPA) in the 4-point system and the grading system of your school,
- a clear description of the teaching content, especially in all mathematical subjects (either in the form of a register entry or a letter from your teacher),
- an official indication of the level of your English lessons in twelfth grade (English 4, English 12, English Advanced Placement, English Honours Course); alternatively you can send in a description of the teaching content here as well, through which we can determine the level.
Generally speaking, all certificates must be submitted in authenticated form. More detailed information regarding the required type of authentication can be found here.