The following documents must be uploaded to request a free assessment:
1. A digital copy (scan or image) of a document that verifies your residency status in Germany.
The following persons may apply for a free assessment:
- Persons with a BÜMA/Ankunftsnachweis proof of arrival (asylum application registration prior to submission of the application under §63a AsylG)
- Asylum seekers (ongoing procedure – Aufenthaltsgestattung temporary residency permit under §55 AsylVfG)
- Tolerated persons (temporary suspension of deportation – tolerated stay under §60a AufenthG)
- Persons entitled to asylum under Art. 16a GG/ GFK (residency under §25 Para. 1 AufenthG)
- Recognised refugees under § 3 AsylVfG (residency under §25 Para. 2 S.1/1. AufenthG)
- Persons entitled to subsidiary protection under § 4 AsylVfG (residency under §25 Para. 2 S.1/2. AufenthG)
- Persons with protection against deportation under § 60 Para. 5 and 7 AufenthG (residency under §25 Abs.3 AufenthG)
- Persons with residency status under § 22 Sentences 1 and 2, §23 Paragraphs 1 and 2, § 24 and § 25 Para. 5 AufenthG
- Relatives (parents, children, spouses) of recognised refugees they followed, refugees under the Geneva Convention and persons entitled to subsidiary protection may have access to the free procedure if they can provide the residency permit of the principal person entitled (the first relative to enter the country)
2. A digital copy (image or scan) of your TestAS certificate
a certificate from a uni-assist university
You can decide which document to upload.
The TestAS is a scholastic aptitude test. You can use it to test and certify your university qualifications. More information on TestAS.
The free application does not require any minimum TestAS score!
To receive a university entrance certificate (Hochschul-Bescheinigung), please contact a uni-assist university directly. The “Hochschul-Bescheinigung” provides confirmation from the university that, in your case, a TestAS is not necessary for specific reasons and that the university therefore supports a free preliminary assessment via uni-assist without the TestAS certificate.
You can find a list of uni-assist universities here.
Do you have these documents?
Then register at the portal for cost exemption and submit an online free of cost application for refugees.