The handling fees are charged for the one-time processing and evaluation of your application documents by uni-assist. uni-assist is allowed to forward only those applications which have been paid for, fulfilled all requirements and were complete by the deadline.
This means that paying the handling fees does not entitle you to request the forwarding of your application to the university. After having processed your application we cannot reimburse the handling fees, even if it was not possible to forward your application to the university.
1. Reimbursement without deduction
You have a balance in your applicant's account at uni-assist if …
- … you paid a higher amount than necessary.
- … you accidentally paid the handling fees twice.
- … you paid by mistake the handling fees for an application that is free of charge for you.
- … you withdraw your application before uni-assist has processed it and you did not submit any paper documents at this point of time.
This balance remains in your applicant account with uni-assist. You may use it for further applications within the same or in another semester or ask for a refund.
2. Reimbursement with deduction (EUR 10,00 per semester)
We reimburse the handling fees in part if ...
- … you paid for an application to a university that is not a uni-assist member university.
- … whilst processing we find out that we are not in charge of your application.
- … you withdraw your application before the processing and after paper documents have been submitted to uni-assist.
In such cases we have to withhold a one-time administration fee of EUR 10,00 per semester as uni-assist had expenses processing your application. The rest of your payment remains in your applicant's account with uni-assist. You may use it for further applications within the same or in another semester or ask for a refund.
3. Compensation without deduction, but no reimbursement
We book the total of the handling fees into your applicant's account at uni-assist as a balance and without deduction if ..
- … you withdraw your application before the processing and submit a new application for the same semester within the deadline.
- … we notice whilst processing that uni-assist is not in charge of your application and you replace it by a new application before the deadline expires.
- … we notice during the first processing of your applications that for all of them the deadline(s) have already expired. In this case you may apply again at the same universities for the upcoming semester without having to pay additional handling fees. By all means, please send us a filled and signed application form for each university for the new semester.
Kindly note that a balance that resulted in a way described in this section cannot be reimbursed as we make this offer only out of goodwill. However, if one of the first two cases pertains, you may alternatively ask for a refund with deduction of the one-time administration fee (EUR 10,00).
Your balance shall lapse within three years according to the law and can not be reimbursed after.
If you wish to have your balance reimbursed, you may do so by sending us a message via our contact form. Preferably, please nominate a bank account within the European Union (or Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein). Please provide us with the following details:
Name of payee
BIC, Swift Code
Name of bank
Reimbursement of your money will take approximately four to six weeks.
If you name a bank account outside the European Union (or Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein), kindly note that possible bank fees will have to be paid by yourself.
Please note that only applicants or persons authorized by an applicant are allowed to ask for a refund.
Even if a friend or relative paid the handling fees on your behalf, only you yourself can ask for a refund. Of course, you may ask us to reimburse your balance to the account of a friend or relative, and uni-assist will be happy to do so.