Methods of Payment
First of all, please inform here on the handling fees for your applications.
- Please remember to leave enough time for the payment to go through to us before the application deadline. Kindly note that bank holidays or internal processing may delay your payment. Only the date your payment arrives at uni-assist is crucial for meeting the deadline, not the date you send your payment.
- Please note that we may evaluate only those applications that have been paid for completely before expiration of the deadline.
- The deadline for payment is always the same as for the choice of study, and out of goodwill an extension of seven days is generally granted for the payment.
- If you are paying for several applicants, please transfer the money separately for each applicant. This facilitates the assignment and your applications can be processed more quickly.
- If you are paying for several applications (even in different semesters), please transfer the total amount with only one payment. This enables us to assign your payment quicker and you do not have to pay the charges for additional bank transfers.
Bank Transfer and international bank transfer
- Additional fees might be charged for international bank transfers to Germany, especially with bank transfers in other currencies than the Euro, which you'll have to pay. These fees can be charged by your local bank as well as by the receiving bank in Germany. Different banks charge different fees, your local bank will inform you about the full amount of fees. It is important to choose OUR as payment variant, then all extra fees will be charged to you as the remitter.
- Your friends or relatives may, of course, pay the processing fee on your behalf.
- It is important that the transfer form is filled in completely, legibly and in block letters. If we are unable to assign a payment to an application because some information is missing or it is not legible, the payment cannot be registered and therefore the application will neither be processed nor forwarded to the universities.
- In the reference field (payment description) on the transfer form, please indicate the following information:
– your birthday (dd.mm.yyyy),
– your family name,
– your first name,
– the semester in which you would like to start studying*,
– your uni-assist applicant number (if you already have one)
*Please use the following abbreviations: WS for winter semester and SS for summer semester and attach the last two numbers of the year you want to study in, for example SS14 or WS14/15.
So for example, the payment description on the transfer form should look like this:
12.11.1985, Baatur Iwan, SS14, 1234567
These information help us to assign payment to the applicant's account beyond doubt. If you cannot or do not want to indicate all data in the reference field then please choose a combination that identifies you as best as possible, preferably your applicant number along with your name or date of birth.
- We kindly ask you to send us a copy of your transfer slip:
We receive a lot of transactions every day that lack the information needed to match the payment to the right applicant. Often the reference field on the transfer form indicates only vague information, but it may also be that the bank does not provide it on international transfers. In such cases your payment slip helps us to find your payment and match it to your applicant account.
Therefore please always indicate in the reference field of the tranfer form your full name, your date of birth, your country of origin and, if possible, the semester you are applying for and your applicant number (if you already have one).
Submitting your bank transfer slip is voluntary, but if you would like to provide us with it, you may decide how to do so: please send the original or a copy by post, or just attach it to a message via our contact form.
Information on paying by credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
If you would like to pay the handling fees by credit card, please use our credit card form, fill it in completely and legibly and send the original form to uni-assist.
- Please send the original copy of the form to uni-assist, never a scanned or faxed copy!
- This form has to be filled in by the owner of the credit card and the bank account respectively.
- Please note: Paying by credit card is only possible by using this form! For security reasons there is no possibility to enter your credit card details directly on our website or in our online portal.
Please note: The credit card companies have recently excluded credit cards issued in the following countries from non-personal money transfer.
|Asia:||Indonesia and the Philippines|
|Africa:||Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Ghana and Egypt|
Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and the Balkan States
|Western Europe:||Great Britain, the Netherlands|
More payment options
Payment methods that are not listed and explained here cannot be accepted. Please note that this expressly applies to cheques: uni-assist cannot accept any cheques in general.
We kindly ask you for security reasons that you do not send cash by mail.