uni-assist employs the Data Protection Act of the Federal Republic of Germany. uni-assist works on behalf of its member universities, and thus also adheres to regional data protection laws. In so doing, uni-assist is bound by the strictest of legal standards.
- All data protection stipulations are strongly upheld: only uni-assist and the universities specified by the applicant have access to the applicant’s data.
- As a rule, the applicant’s data are not given to third parties, nor are they used to generate statistics that may enable conclusions about any one person.
- All application documents in paper form are archived at uni-assist for one year, and then destroyed.
- All electronically-recorded data is saved for a period of four years, and then deleted.
- Generally, all universities to whom data are forwarded electronically delete all data after a maximum of four years as well.
- Once an applicant enrols at a university, their documents are kept for at least the duration of their study course, and in most cases for several decades.