Studying in Germany
Would you like to begin a course of studies at a university in Germany? uni-assist can help you.
What is uni-assist?
uni-assist checks if your documents fulfil the general requirements for a university course of study in Germany.
uni-assist performs this preliminary check on behalf of all its universities. For this purpose, you send uni-assist all the documents requested by the university in question.
What does uni-assist’s preliminary check comprise?
- We check if your international certificates entitle you to study in Germany.
- We will convert academic grades into the German system.
- We will check language skills and other requirements requested by the universities.
- We record all the data and scan the documents.
- If your certificates fulfil all the requirements (the application is complete, and we have received them within the relevant deadline), we will notify you and the universities in writing. The universities will then be able to include you in their admission systems and process your application further.
- Note: For certain universities we will issue you with a certificate – known as the “preliminary documentation/VPD”. We do not notify universities if we send you a PD on their behalf. You must use the PD to apply directly to the university.
Important: Your admission to study will be decided by the universities alone – and not by uni-assist.
The costs for using the uni-assist service
We are self-financing and we do not receive any public funding. This is why you are required to pay the costs for the preliminary check performed on your documents. Some universities will pay these costs – particularly in the case of applications for master programmes.
Click here to find out if your preferred university will pay these costs.